• TRANSLATED & EDITED – This updated version of Adam Smith's 1776 publication uses contemporary American English without sacrificing the author's intent or meaning. It is an English to American translation. •
Adam Smith's seminal work on the benefits of free enterprise. Book 4 looks at the principles behind commerce, restraints on foreign goods, and the pros and cons of importation. Additionally it considers agriculture as the primary source of wealth building for a nation.
This edition does not include the original appendix of book 5.
This is Book 4 in a series of 5:
1. Causes of Improvement
2. Nature, Accumulation, and Employment of Stock
3. Progress of Opulence In Different Nations
4. Systems of Political Economy
5. Revenue of the Commonwealth